- 10 solar panels, each 255 watts, are mounted on a dual-axis tracker from Array Technologies – and follow arc of the sun’s daily transit, dawn-to-dusk;
- total solar wattage mirrors the church’s nearby 2.5 kW Xzeres wind turbine;
- both have run (almost) continuously at the site since 2011 with monitoring reports at www.uuaa.org/e and www.uuaa.org/ee
- the host congregation has a trifecta of renewable arrays when one adds the roof-mounted solar panels on the church’s main building;
- renewable energy projects are funded from donations by congregants (who receive inscribed tiles in an Energy Plaza near the church entrance)
- church roof has space for many more solar panels;
- both energy efficiency measures and the addition of more panels are planned.
Request a free estimate for your own house of worship.